This painting was inspired by my collection of vintage yardsticks. A sketch shows canning jars with seasonal garden cuttings.
I sketched my idea onto the wood canvas. I placed the yardsticks to see how it would look. I decided to paint everything else and leave the yardstick table to the very last. Just in case the yardsticks just don't work.
When painting stems in a clear jar, I needed to paint the stems first. That way, they will look like they are inside the jars. Tricky.
This is the final painting!
I glued the yardsticks on with a wood glue. This was a first for me and removing them if I didn't like it would not happen easily. I'm still on the fence if I like it or not. But it's good to try something new!